Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education as well as get to know the staff and other parents and carers.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents or carers are actively involved in their education and school life.
You can help by:
- listening to children read in the classroom
- volunteering on sports days
- helping supervise excursions
- getting involved in fundraising activities
- joining school committees.
The BHPS P&C welcomes any parent, carer or community member who is interested to volunteer. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Join the P & C by attending a P&C meeting and paying $1 which allows you to vote at future meetings.
- Fill any vacancies on the P & C Executive committee.
- Volunteer in the canteen or uniform shop (no experience required).
- Volunteer at fundraising events when these are advertised through the newsletter and the P&C Facebook group.
- Be a Walking Bus 'Driver'.
- Teach Ethics.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.