In 1916 a parcel of land was reserved at Balgowlah Heights, or North Harbour as the area was then known, for Public School purposes. In 1929 the land was cleared and surveyed and on 6 July 1932 an order to begin construction was issued. A single portable building with two “closets” was completed on 18 January 1933 at the total cost of 384 Pounds. The school was opened eventually as an infants' school on 4 March 1933, with Miss Annie Florence Williams as the teacher, with twenty Year 1 and nine Year 2 students. It retained this classification until 1946 when it became a one-teacher school. At present the school has an enrolment of over 700 students. The school is housed in Lewis Street on a split site.